Enrollment is in progress for these workshops:
PLEASE CHECK DATES AND MAKE SURE THEY ALL WORK FOR YOU BEFORE APPLYING!
|Section A||Tuesday||12pm - 4pm||Oct 21, 28, [skip Nov 4], Nov 11, 18|
|Section B||Wednesday||6pm - 10pm||Oct 22, 29, [skip Nov 5], Nov 12, 19|
|Section C||Thursday||9am - 1pm||Oct 23, 30 [skip Nov 6], Nov 13, 20|
This 4-class intensive is designed for immediate and testable improvement in your cold reading, audition technique, and self-presentation skills. We now tape the 'before' and 'after' for verifiable results in actors' confidence, ease, and stage presence when entering and exiting the room.
"I am currently rehearsing a show, and one of the producers pulled me aside to tell me my audition/cold read was one of the best she had seen in the auditions, and that obviously whatever audition classes I had taken paid off. Of course this came only weeks after completing your cold reading class. So, thank you again, I am definitely more confident walking into auditions."
~ Jason Barker
WHAT IS FEARLESS COLD READING?
Stop holding back in auditions out of fear of making the wrong choice! “Fearless Cold Reading” is a 10-point, fun, and adventurous cold reading technique and set of principles that works for ALL kinds of reading auditions. The technique promotes truthful, connected, and specfic acting—even when you don’t know much about the scene. In this part of the class you learn:
- Principles to rely on at every audition, so you can relax & have fun
- To take effective chances—instead of playing it safe—in cold reads
- To involve your audience so much they forget you’re holding a script
- To be “reader-proof”—how to work well with both good and bad readers
- How to be a good reader
- "Defensive cold reading" to deal with unexpected direction & partner choices
- How & when—and when not—to use movement in an audition
- To turn both cold and prepared auditions into adventures instead of ordeals!
WHAT IS FEARLESS AUDITION TECHNIQUE?
Make every moment of your audition work in your favor. “Fearless Audition Technique” deals with all of the non-acting parts of any audition. Learning how to handle yourself confidently under pressure is a skill you will need the rest of your career—even if you get successful enough to stop auditioning! In this part of the class you learn:
- How to enter and exit auditions with confidence, graciousness and ease
- How to easily answer common—and unexpected—industry questions
- Powerful grounding techinques that help you deal with nerves
- To STOP commenting negatively (or neutrally) on yourself and your work
- How to stay positive even with difficult or hard-to-read auditors
- How to chit-chat effectively in the audition room, and when to stop
Classes will be held at the Atlantic Acting School, 76 9th Avenue (just N of 15th St) Suite 537, unless otherwise notified.
TUITION AND REGISTRATION
If you have not taken class with Karen before, there is an application process before you register. Send an email to receive an application. Former students: just email to receive a registration form. Tuition is $375. Upon acceptance, a deposit of $175 holds your place, and the balance ($200) is due on the first day of class.